PLATIT AG is a Swiss SME, active world-wide as a leading manufacturer of thin-film hard coating equipment for
tooling and tribological components. At our HQ in Selzach we develop innovative PVD technology and high-tech
coatings for tomorrow’s applications. PLATIT is part of the internationally active BCI Blösch group with
around 400 employees worldwide, which is well established in its markets as a technology leader.
The R&D Department of PLATIT develops hard coatings for tooling applications and tribological components.
The R&D team works on the developments and steady improvement of our high-performance coatings, and
performs application-oriented research.
To complete our R&D team located in Selzach (SO), we are looking for a
PVD Junior Research Engineer
Assistant to the Head of R&D (100%)
• design, conduct and document coating experiments and tribological tests
• preparation and evaluation of physical and chemical analyses together with internal or external partners at universities and research institutes
• operation of one or more PVD plants
• collaboration in publicly funded research projects, where you will be responsible for following the work flow, preparing reports and presenting results at project meetings in Switzerland and abroad
• cooperation in the development of new coatings
• reporting directly to the Head of R&D
• master (or qualified Bachelor) degree in materials science, physics or chemistry
• knowledge of surface technology, tribology, or related physical or chemical areas; basic knowledge of vacuum technology and initial experience with thin-film deposition techniques (PVD, CVD) would be advantageous
• basic knowledge of spectroscopic or related surface-analytical techniques (e.g. XRD, REM/TEM, profilometry) would be advantageous
• fluent in both German and English
• ability to quickly adapt to new challenges
• ability to work independently
• good organizational skills
• hands-on mentality
This position is ideal for a beginner or a person with some initial working experience. We offer thorough
training in a multi-disciplinary, interesting and challenging field at the intersection of engineering and science
and the chance to participate in international, cutting-edge research at one of the main technology drivers in the
field. PLATIT offers a dynamic and innovative work environment with an interesting scope of tasks.
If you are interested in this position, please send your complete CV via email with the reference “PVD
Junior Research Engineer” in the subject line to: email@example.com addressed to our HR Manager, Ms.
Ms. Pascale Blösch, HR Department, Moosstrasse 78, 2540 Grenchen, Switzerland
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +41 32 654 26 42 or +41 32 544 62 00