LARC® and CERC® are the trademarked brand names of PLATIT for rotating cylindrical cathodes inside the door and in the center of the coating chamber, depositing with ARC technology.
All Pi coating units of PLATIT work based on the revolutionary LARC® cathodes (LAteral Rotating Cathode).
Pi411 is upgradable with a CERC® (Central Rotating Cathode).
Compared to conventional cathodes with other targets, rotating cathodes have several advantages:
- The coating composition of unalloyed targets is flexibly programmable
- Larger, more effective target surface (pi x d) at constant target length h (pi x d x h) extends the lifespan of a target
- Excellent process control & stability
- Improved coating adhesion through LGD® (Lateral Glow Discharge) etching
- Homogeneous vertical coating thickness distribution in the chamber
- Central positioning of the cathode as CERC® (Central Rotating Cathode) is possible