The Pi1511 is a large volume PVD coating unit. It combines three rotating PLATIT LARC® XL cathodes in the door with two planar arc cathodes in the back of the chamber.
The combination of round cathodes with high performance planar cathodes allows for the deposition of selected PLATIT Signature Coatings with the usual flexibility. The LARC® XL cathodes have a very long run time and thus guarantee high productivity with low cost per coating.
- 3 LARC® XL cathodes (LAteral Rotating XL Cathode) in the door
- 2 planar cathodes in the back for arc coating
- MAC-3C (Magnetic Arc Confinement - Coil Current Compensation) for automated magnetic field adjustment
- Fast cathode change
- Deposition of selected PLATIT Signature Coatings
Several etching technologies can be used with the PLATIT Pi1511 coating unit, offering various advantages:
- LGD® (Lateral Glow Discharge)
- Plasma etching with argon, glow discharge
- Metal ion etching (Ti, Cr)
Load and cycle times
- Coating volume: max. ø715 x H805mm
- Coating height with defined coating thickness: max. 711mm
- Load: max. 750kg, higher weight upon request
- Batches/day: 3